While this step is more about disseminating your findings than sharing your dataset(s), there are things to consider related to RDM here, too.
What to do:
- Share your findings in whatever way you think will get the best attention.
Why do it:
- Because your work deserves attention and should become part of the scholarly conversation.
How to do it:
- Identify the most suitable vehicles to share your findings.There are data repositories listed in the Resources and Support tab of this guide.
- Determine how you will let the research community know that your work exists? Will you write up your work? Will you present it at a conference? Will you submit to a data journal? Will you tweet about it?
Things to consider:
- How much of your data will you make publicly available?
- What resources are in place for sharing your data among multiple sites with collaborating co-investigators?
- How will you manage restrictions e.g. license, privacy issues etc. associated with your data before sharing?
- How will you link your data sets to your published articles / books / conference presentations?