Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Get Lean Library Access
Lean Library Access is a helpful browser extension (add-on) that gives you quick and simple access to materials licensed by RRU Library – anywhere, anytime. Get access to:
- academic articles and journals
- specialty research databases and websites
Whether you're on or off campus, Lean Library Access will notify you whenever you're looking at a website, book, or article our library has access to. Spend less time searching for sources and more time on your research. It's research without the gate-keeping.
- Choose your preferred browser (ensure you have the latest version installed)
- Install the extension
- Select Royal Roads University (your institution)
- Leave “Skip the popup and automate my access” unchecked to retain control over when to use the library's proxy – or check it to be automatically redirected when proxy access is available
Have questions? Ask the library.
Lean Library Access is a new tool at Royal Roads. If you have questions or run into something that doesn't seem to be working right, please let us know.
How it works
- Follow the pop-up: When you're on a website that contains material licensed by RRU Library, you'll be notified through a pop-up. Log in with your RRU username and password for access.
- No access available? Lean Library automatically checks for open access versions. If no immediate access is available, it redirects you to our Interlibrary Loan Request Form.
- Anonymity guaranteed: The Library Access browser extension doesn’t collect any personal information unless you actively share it. And it doesn’t collect your IP address or your device’s unique device IDs.
Animated video from Lean Library Access